center align a RowColumn widget inside a form - Motif

This is a discussion on center align a RowColumn widget inside a form - Motif ; Is there a way to center align a RowColumn widget within a form ? I've tried calculating the widths of form and RowColumn widgets and then setting the XmNleftOffset value but it doesn't seem to work, May be the resource ...

  1. center align a RowColumn widget inside a form

    Is there a way to center align a RowColumn widget within a form ?
    I've tried calculating the widths of form and RowColumn widgets and
    then setting the XmNleftOffset value but it doesn't seem to work, May
    be the resource is not available for RowColumn widget, Can any one
    suggest a way to do this, Thanks in advance

  2. Re: center align a RowColumn widget inside a form

    I've managed to center align a rowcolumn widget within a form, but i am
    not able to do the same within a ScrolledWindow, Can any one help me
    out on this ?

    sai krishna wrote:
    > Is there a way to center align a RowColumn widget within a form ?
    > I've tried calculating the widths of form and RowColumn widgets and
    > then setting the XmNleftOffset value but it doesn't seem to work, May
    > be the resource is not available for RowColumn widget, Can any one
    > suggest a way to do this, Thanks in advance

  3. Re: center align a RowColumn widget inside a form

    "sai krishna" wrote in message
    news:1149077525.037345.317300@f6g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
    > I've managed to center align a rowcolumn widget within a form, but i am
    > not able to do the same within a ScrolledWindow, Can any one help me
    > out on this ?
    >
    > sai krishna wrote:
    >> Is there a way to center align a RowColumn widget within a form ?
    >> I've tried calculating the widths of form and RowColumn widgets and
    >> then setting the XmNleftOffset value but it doesn't seem to work, May
    >> be the resource is not available for RowColumn widget, Can any one
    >> suggest a way to do this, Thanks in advance

    It is not clear what you are trying to do. Are you trying to center-align
    the RowColumn within its parent (i.e., place the RC in the center of the
    form),
    or are you trying to center-align the children of the RowColumn?
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

  4. Re: center align a RowColumn widget inside a form

    Thanks for your reply
    I am trying to center align a RowColumn widget within a ScrolledWindow
    widget but it is not working, When i try the same on a form i.e. center
    align a RowColumn within a Form widget it is working fine

    Fred Kleinschmidt wrote:
    > "sai krishna" wrote in message
    > news:1149077525.037345.317300@f6g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
    > > I've managed to center align a rowcolumn widget within a form, but i am
    > > not able to do the same within a ScrolledWindow, Can any one help me
    > > out on this ?
    > >
    > > sai krishna wrote:
    > >> Is there a way to center align a RowColumn widget within a form ?
    > >> I've tried calculating the widths of form and RowColumn widgets and
    > >> then setting the XmNleftOffset value but it doesn't seem to work, May
    > >> be the resource is not available for RowColumn widget, Can any one
    > >> suggest a way to do this, Thanks in advance

    > It is not clear what you are trying to do. Are you trying to center-align
    > the RowColumn within its parent (i.e., place the RC in the center of the
    > form),
    > or are you trying to center-align the children of the RowColumn?
    > --
    > Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    > Boeing Associate Technical Fellow
    > Technical Architect, Software Reuse Project

  5. Re: center align a RowColumn widget inside a form

    "sai krishna" wrote in message
    news:1149090041.370222.168450@u72g2000cwu.googlegr oups.com...
    > Thanks for your reply
    > I am trying to center align a RowColumn widget within a ScrolledWindow
    > widget but it is not working, When i try the same on a form i.e. center
    > align a RowColumn within a Form widget it is working fine

    I still do not know what you mean by center-aligning a Row Column
    within a Scrolled Window.
    A ScrolledWindow can have only one child.
    What do you mean when you say that it is not working?

    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow
    What is not working?

  6. Re: center align a RowColumn widget inside a form

    True a scrolledwindow can have only one child ( which in my case is a
    row column widget ) and when left attachment and right attachment are
    not specified it will by default align it to the left
    The leftOffset property is not working within a scrolled window so i've
    created a wrapper form above the rowcolumn widget and center aligned
    the rowcolumn widget within the form and then placed the form within
    the scrolledwindow widget.

    Regards,
    Sai Krishna

    Fred Kleinschmidt wrote:
    > "sai krishna" wrote in message
    > news:1149090041.370222.168450@u72g2000cwu.googlegr oups.com...
    > > Thanks for your reply
    > > I am trying to center align a RowColumn widget within a ScrolledWindow
    > > widget but it is not working, When i try the same on a form i.e. center
    > > align a RowColumn within a Form widget it is working fine
    > >

    > I still do not know what you mean by center-aligning a Row Column
    > within a Scrolled Window.
    > A ScrolledWindow can have only one child.
    > What do you mean when you say that it is not working?
    >
    > --
    > Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    > Boeing Associate Technical Fellow
    > Technical Architect, Software Reuse Project
    > What is not working?

  7. Re: center align a RowColumn widget inside a form

    "sai krishna" wrote in message
    news:1149156905.299480.58290@j55g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > True a scrolledwindow can have only one child ( which in my case is a
    > row column widget ) and when left attachment and right attachment are
    > not specified it will by default align it to the left
    > The leftOffset property is not working within a scrolled window so i've
    > created a wrapper form above the rowcolumn widget and center aligned
    > the rowcolumn widget within the form and then placed the form within
    > the scrolledwindow widget.

    There is no leftAttachment, rightAttachment, or leftOffset property for
    ScrolledWindow.
    These are constraint properties on any child of an XmForm.

    If you want to place a RowColumn inside a ScrolledWindow, but want
    it to be offset from the edge, you can set its XmNx and XmNy values.
    Or you can place a Form or BulletinBoard in the scrolled window and
    then place the RowColumn at the appropriate place in that.

    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

  8. Re: center align a RowColumn widget inside a form

    Thanks for the reply Fred,
    I've used a wrapper form within a Scrolled Window and it is working
    fine

    Sai Krishna

    Fred Kleinschmidt wrote:
    > "sai krishna" wrote in message
    > news:1149156905.299480.58290@j55g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > > True a scrolledwindow can have only one child ( which in my case is a
    > > row column widget ) and when left attachment and right attachment are
    > > not specified it will by default align it to the left
    > > The leftOffset property is not working within a scrolled window so i've
    > > created a wrapper form above the rowcolumn widget and center aligned
    > > the rowcolumn widget within the form and then placed the form within
    > > the scrolledwindow widget.

    > There is no leftAttachment, rightAttachment, or leftOffset property for
    > ScrolledWindow.
    > These are constraint properties on any child of an XmForm.
    >
    > If you want to place a RowColumn inside a ScrolledWindow, but want
    > it to be offset from the edge, you can set its XmNx and XmNy values.
    > Or you can place a Form or BulletinBoard in the scrolled window and
    > then place the RowColumn at the appropriate place in that.
    >
    > --
    > Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    > Boeing Associate Technical Fellow
    > Technical Architect, Software Reuse Project

+ Reply to Thread