Compilation problem - Motif

This is a discussion on Compilation problem - Motif ; I am beginner to x-motif. I wrote a simple x-motif program and os is Fedora core4. I tried to compile the file as bellow gcc File.c -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXm -lXt -lX11 its throwing error ie ........ Couldn't find: Xm then I ...

  1. Compilation problem

    I am beginner to x-motif. I wrote a simple x-motif program and os is
    Fedora core4.
    I tried to compile the file as bellow

    gcc File.c -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXm -lXt -lX11
    its throwing error ie ........
    Couldn't find: Xm

    then I located (ie find /usr -name Xm ) the Xm and tried as below

    gcc File.c -L/usr/X11R6/include -lXm -lXt -lX11
    this time it throwing error ....
    Couldn't find: Xt

    again I located the Xt ..I could not find it .
    In Fedora core4 I donot know path of Xt to link
    I am not getting how to compilte it . I doubt whether OS has Xt lib or
    not so plz tell how to findout that our os has all X related libraries
    or not?
    How to compile the program?

    Plz do needful help.

    Thanks
    ck

  2. Re: Compilation problem

    ck wrote:
    > again I located the Xt ..I could not find it .
    > In Fedora core4 I donot know path of Xt to link
    > I am not getting how to compilte it . I doubt whether OS has Xt lib or
    > not so plz tell how to findout that our os has all X related libraries
    > or not?

    rpm -q xorg-x11-devel openmotif-devel

    All files should be located in /usr/X11R6/lib.

    -Frode

    --
    ^ Frode TennebÝ | email: Frode.Tennebo@ericsson.com ^
    | Ericsson AS., N-1788 Halden | Phone: +47 67 25 09 39 |

+ Reply to Thread