Event problem - Motif

This is a discussion on Event problem - Motif ; Hi all, I am new to motif programming, I have problem while dispatching an event to the edit part of the combo box.The code I have written has problem in the japanese locale (japanese input method) so ultimately my combo ...

  1. Event problem

    Hi all,
    I am new to motif programming, I have problem while dispatching an
    event to the edit part of the combo box.The code I have written has
    problem in the japanese locale (japanese input method) so ultimately my
    combo box hangs when tried to input !! here is the code,

    XtDispatchEventToWidget(comboEdit, &event);

    Is there any work around or using any other motif function can I
    achieve the same with out the regressions?

    Thanks in advance,
    Seema Rao

  2. Re: Event problem

    "seema" wrote in message
    news:1147791203.046681.238430@v46g2000cwv.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi all,
    > I am new to motif programming, I have problem while dispatching an
    > event to the edit part of the combo box.The code I have written has
    > problem in the japanese locale (japanese input method) so ultimately my
    > combo box hangs when tried to input !! here is the code,
    >
    > XtDispatchEventToWidget(comboEdit, &event);
    >
    > Is there any work around or using any other motif function can I
    > achieve the same with out the regressions?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Seema Rao

    Why are you dispatching an event to the widget? What is it you are
    trying to do?
    It is rarely correct for an application to use XtDispatchEventToWidget.
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow