UnMap widget and snap to fit window - Motif

This is a discussion on UnMap widget and snap to fit window - Motif ; Hi, I have a window with a lot of widgets on it. you can hide widgets on the window by checking a box next to it and then selecting a push button, to unmap the widgets. the widgets get unmapped ...

  1. UnMap widget and snap to fit window

    Hi,
    I have a window with a lot of widgets on it. you can hide widgets on
    the window by checking a box next to it and then selecting a push
    button, to unmap the widgets. the widgets get unmapped but how can i
    snap the window now to fit around the new set (of fewer) widgets.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: UnMap widget and snap to fit window

    imdognuts@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have a window with a lot of widgets on it. you can hide widgets on
    > the window by checking a box next to it and then selecting a push
    > button, to unmap the widgets. the widgets get unmapped but how can i
    > snap the window now to fit around the new set (of fewer) widgets.
    > Thanks.

    You will have to put them in an XmForm and adjust the constraints
    whenever you map/unmap.

    --
    Michel Bardiaux
    R&D Director

    Mediaxim NV/SA
    Vorstlaan 191 Boulevard du Souverain
    Brussel 1160 Bruxelles
    http://www.mediaxim.com/

  3. Re: UnMap widget and snap to fit window

    Unmanaging them will hide them (like unmapping) and also remove them
    from geometry management. Depending on the layout container, that alone
    may do what you want.

+ Reply to Thread