Font size dependencies - Motif

This is a discussion on Font size dependencies - Motif ; I have discovered a problem using a fontList specifying 75dpi on CYGWIN running under WindowsXP, with Hummingbird XDK X/Motif libraries. In a multi-line XmText widget, the program will crash if I click on some point of the text and extend ...

  1. Font size dependencies

    I have discovered a problem using a fontList specifying 75dpi
    on CYGWIN running under WindowsXP, with
    Hummingbird XDK X/Motif libraries.

    In a multi-line XmText widget, the program will crash if I
    click on some point of the text and extend the selection by
    dragging the mouse past the newline (either to the right, or down).

    I tried this on a dozen applications, with the same result.

    If I change the font to 100dpi, it does not crash.
    For 75dpi fonts, it does not matter what font family I choose.

    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

  2. Re: Font size dependencies

    Fred Kleinschmidt wrote:
    > I have discovered a problem using a fontList specifying 75dpi
    > on CYGWIN running under WindowsXP, with
    > Hummingbird XDK X/Motif libraries.
    >
    > In a multi-line XmText widget, the program will crash if I
    > click on some point of the text and extend the selection by
    > dragging the mouse past the newline (either to the right, or down).
    >
    > I tried this on a dozen applications, with the same result.
    >
    > If I change the font to 100dpi, it does not crash.
    > For 75dpi fonts, it does not matter what font family I choose.

    Does the debugger tell you where the crash is happening

    My guess would be it's in the X server not libXm...

+ Reply to Thread