F10 and Callback - Motif

This is a discussion on F10 and Callback - Motif ; I've created a menubar, when i push on F10 Buttons, the menu is selected but the pulldownmenu is not visible and it's allright for me, but no callback is called with this action and i want a callback. It is ...

  1. F10 and Callback

    I've created a menubar, when i push on F10 Buttons, the menu is
    selected but the pulldownmenu is not visible and it's allright for me,
    but no callback is called with this action and i want a callback. It is
    possible ?

  2. Re: F10 and Callback

    wrote in message
    news:1144824742.519831.82120@e56g2000cwe.googlegro ups.com...
    > I've created a menubar, when i push on F10 Buttons, the menu is
    > selected but the pulldownmenu is not visible and it's allright for me,
    > but no callback is called with this action and i want a callback. It is
    > possible ?

    Pushing F10 merely sends the input focus to the menubar. Since there may be
    many
    pulldowns in the menubar, it cannot determine which one you want to drop.
    So you must then navigate using the mnemonic for the desired pulldown.

    Thus if you have a pulldown "File", with 'F' as the mnemonic, the File
    pulldown
    will appear if you hit F10 followed by F.

    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

  3. Re: F10 and Callback

    Fred Kleinschmidt wrote:

    > wrote in message
    > news:1144824742.519831.82120@e56g2000cwe.googlegro ups.com...
    >> I've created a menubar, when i push on F10 Buttons, the menu is
    >> selected but the pulldownmenu is not visible and it's allright for me,
    >> but no callback is called with this action and i want a callback. It is
    >> possible ?
    >>

    > Pushing F10 merely sends the input focus to the menubar. Since there may
    > be many
    > pulldowns in the menubar, it cannot determine which one you want to drop.
    > So you must then navigate using the mnemonic for the desired pulldown.
    >
    > Thus if you have a pulldown "File", with 'F' as the mnemonic, the File
    > pulldown
    > will appear if you hit F10 followed by F.

    I think the OP is happy with what F10 does, but he wants to have a callback
    called when the menu bar gets the focus as a result of the F10 button
    press. I don't think there is any suitable callback either for the
    XmRowColumn widget that is the menu bar or for the XmCascadeButton widget
    that gets the input focus when you press F10 (cascade buttons don't have an
    equivalent of the arm callback that push buttons have). So I guess you have
    to use XtAddEventHandler or similar to install an event handler for the F10
    button bress.

    Regards, Rob.

+ Reply to Thread