Weird first char in a textfield widget - Motif

This is a discussion on Weird first char in a textfield widget - Motif ; I've create a simple textfield but sometimes before the first real character, we have a strange char and i can't delete this char. Thx. Steve....

  1. Weird first char in a textfield widget

    I've create a simple textfield but sometimes before the first real
    character, we have a strange char and i can't delete this char.

    Thx.

    Steve.

  2. Re: Weird first char in a textfield widget

    wrote in message
    news:1143622208.550023.286550@g10g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > I've create a simple textfield but sometimes before the first real
    > character, we have a strange char and i can't delete this char.
    >
    > Thx.
    >
    > Steve.

    Show some code. Or should we try to guess what your code looks like?
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

  3. Re: Weird first char in a textfield widget

    fTextField = new CGTextField( *fFormTextField, "test", NULL, 0);

    CGTextField is an interface to used XmCreateTextField.

    After, when i want enter a value in a specific label, i manage the
    textfield, but a strange char is already in.

    Fred Kleinschmidt a écrit :

    > wrote in message
    > news:1143622208.550023.286550@g10g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > > I've create a simple textfield but sometimes before the first real
    > > character, we have a strange char and i can't delete this char.
    > >
    > > Thx.
    > >
    > > Steve.
    > >

    > Show some code. Or should we try to guess what your code looks like?
    > --
    > Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    > Boeing Associate Technical Fellow
    > Technical Architect, Software Reuse Project

  4. Re: Weird first char in a textfield widget

    steve.roulet@b-holding.be wrote:
    > fTextField = new CGTextField( *fFormTextField, "test", NULL, 0);
    >
    > CGTextField is an interface to used XmCreateTextField.
    >
    > After, when i want enter a value in a specific label, i manage the
    > textfield, but a strange char is already in.

    So presumably CGTextField is some c++ class that wraps an XmTextField
    widget.

    Did you try nulling the widget's text string after you create it,
    for example:

    XmTextFieldSetString(fTextField, "");

    That might get rid of the weird character, which must be some behavior
    that comes out of the class that wraps the widget. Then you set the
    text you want into the label...

+ Reply to Thread