ArrowButton problem - Motif

This is a discussion on ArrowButton problem - Motif ; Hi all, I am new to Motif programming, Can some body explain on how to reduce the size of Arrow Button in Motif. Say for example Arrow Button Drawn in DropDown combo box or a Arrow button drawn on a ...

  1. ArrowButton problem

    Hi all,
    I am new to Motif programming, Can some body explain on how to reduce
    the size of Arrow Button in Motif. Say for example Arrow Button Drawn
    in
    DropDown combo box or a Arrow button drawn on a dialog. Is it possible
    set some value in resource(in ~/.XDefaults) such that it applies to all
    the arrow
    buttons drawn in the samples ? Or is it possible by calling
    XmeDrawArrowButton() function and their by controlling the width and
    height of the ArrowButton?

    please some body guide on this,
    Thanks in Advance,
    Seema Rao

  2. Re: ArrowButton problem

    "seema" wrote in message
    news:1141145902.315803.178040@i40g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi all,
    > I am new to Motif programming, Can some body explain on how to reduce
    > the size of Arrow Button in Motif. Say for example Arrow Button Drawn
    > in
    > DropDown combo box or a Arrow button drawn on a dialog. Is it possible
    > set some value in resource(in ~/.XDefaults) such that it applies to all
    > the arrow
    > buttons drawn in the samples ? Or is it possible by calling
    > XmeDrawArrowButton() function and their by controlling the width and
    > height of the ArrowButton?
    >

    > please some body guide on this,
    > Thanks in Advance,
    > Seema Rao

    like any other widget, use "width" and "height"

    In your resource file, set the size of a button named "buttonname" like
    this:
    ?*buttonname.width: 50
    ?*buttonname.height: 50

    To set the size of ALL arrow buttons:
    ?*XmArrowButton.width: 50

    In general, it is NOT a good idea to reset any resource for ALL widgets.
    Slightly better, but still ususally not a good idea is to set it for your
    program only:
    MyProgram*XmArrowButton.width: 50

    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt