simple code to create 2 toplevel - Motif

This is a discussion on simple code to create 2 toplevel - Motif ; bonjour, I am looking for a simple code to create 2 toplevel windows(widgets). I lost myself between display, app_context, trying to create 2 toplevel shells! thank you for help. NMF...

  1. simple code to create 2 toplevel

    bonjour,

    I am looking for a simple code to create 2 toplevel windows(widgets). I
    lost myself between display, app_context, trying to create 2 toplevel
    shells!

    thank you for help.

    NMF

  2. Re: simple code to create 2 toplevel

    "sosroot" wrote in message
    news:1138273469.047757.281750@g43g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > bonjour,
    >
    > I am looking for a simple code to create 2 toplevel windows(widgets). I
    > lost myself between display, app_context, trying to create 2 toplevel
    > shells!
    >
    > thank you for help.
    >
    > NMF

    Create the second one just like you would create any other widget.

    #include
    /* declare variables here */
    top1= XtAppInitialize( &context, "top1", NULL, 0, &argc, argv, NULL, NULL,
    0 );
    top2= XtCreateWidget( "top2", topLevelShellWidgetClass, w1, args, nargs );

    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

  3. Re: simple code to create 2 toplevel

    thank you for your example. What is w1?

  4. Re: simple code to create 2 toplevel

    "sosroot" wrote in message
    news:1138430989.325015.60280@g14g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > thank you for your example. What is w1?

    Sorry, I should have used "top1":

    #include
    /* declare variables here */
    top1= XtAppInitialize( &context, "top1", NULL, 0, &argc, argv, NULL, NULL,
    0 );
    top2= XtCreateWidget( "top2", topLevelShellWidgetClass, top1, args, nargs );

    Actually it could be any widget in the first shell hirearchy.