TextField on DrawingArea loses focus when mouse pointer gets outside - Motif

This is a discussion on TextField on DrawingArea loses focus when mouse pointer gets outside - Motif ; Hi, I have a program using a drawing area to display some kind of web pages. On these pages combined widgets (Form widget with a listbox, TextField and Buttons) can be placed. The behaviour I encountered was, that keyboard input ...

  1. TextField on DrawingArea loses focus when mouse pointer gets outside

    Hi,

    I have a program using a drawing area to display some kind of web
    pages. On these pages combined widgets (Form widget with a listbox,
    TextField and Buttons) can be placed. The behaviour I encountered was,
    that keyboard input is only directed to the TextField as long as the
    mouse pointer in above the TextField widget. But the TextField should
    get and hold the keyboard focus by clicking in it.
    It seems as if the XmNkeyboardFocusPolicy is set to XmPointer, but it
    is not set this way.

    Can anyone tell me, how this behaviour can be changed?

    Thanks, Sven

  2. Re: TextField on DrawingArea loses focus when mouse pointer getsoutside

    Check your resources again. The only time I've seen this was when
    someone decided to (incorrectly) set mouse focus by putting
    *keybordFocusPolicy: POINTER to all widgets into their Xdefaults file.

  3. Re: TextField on DrawingArea loses focus when mouse pointer gets outside

    "Sven" wrote in message
    news:1138121775.858133.162370@g47g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a program using a drawing area to display some kind of web
    > pages. On these pages combined widgets (Form widget with a listbox,
    > TextField and Buttons) can be placed. The behaviour I encountered was,
    > that keyboard input is only directed to the TextField as long as the
    > mouse pointer in above the TextField widget. But the TextField should
    > get and hold the keyboard focus by clicking in it.
    > It seems as if the XmNkeyboardFocusPolicy is set to XmPointer, but it
    > is not set this way.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me, how this behaviour can be changed?
    >
    > Thanks, Sven

    There are several things that can caues this type of behaviour, one of them
    being the XmNkeyboardFocusPolicy setting.

    There can also be a LeaveNotify event handler registered on the TextField
    that re-eirects the input focus, or the translation table may have been
    overridden for .

    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow