A WINDOW WITHOUT A TITLE BAR - Motif

This is a discussion on A WINDOW WITHOUT A TITLE BAR - Motif ; Hello, I don't know how to create a window without a title bar with Xlib, can some body please show me the way. thanks in advance Jinhao...

  1. A WINDOW WITHOUT A TITLE BAR

    Hello,
    I don't know how to create a window without a title bar with Xlib,
    can some body please show me the way.

    thanks in advance
    Jinhao

  2. Re: A WINDOW WITHOUT A TITLE BAR

    cnjinhao@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I don't know how to create a window without a title bar with Xlib,
    > can some body please show me the way.
    >
    > thanks in advance
    > Jinhao

    If with Xlib only, wrong group. Are you using Motif or not?

    --
    Michel Bardiaux
    R&D Director

    Mediaxim NV/SA
    Vorstlaan 191 Boulevard du Souverain
    Brussel 1160 Bruxelles
    http://www.mediaxim.com/

  3. Re: A WINDOW WITHOUT A TITLE BAR

    yes, use xlib only. could you please give me some groups about xlib
    programming, thank you very much

    Jinhao

  4. Re: A WINDOW WITHOUT A TITLE BAR

    cnjinhao@hotmail.com wrote:
    > yes, use xlib only. could you please give me some groups about xlib
    > programming, thank you very much
    >
    > Jinhao

    comp.windows.x and comp.windows.x.apps; but you will not find many
    people doing xlib-only programming, because that is really much harder
    than using a toolkit! Hence, toolkit authors are about the only ones who
    *will* know how to do what you want.

    --
    Michel Bardiaux
    R&D Director
    T +32 [0] 2 790 29 41
    F +32 [0] 2 790 29 02
    E mailto:mbardiaux@mediaxim.be

    Mediaxim NV/SA
    Vorstlaan 191 Boulevard du Souverain
    Brussel 1160 Bruxelles
    http://www.mediaxim.com/

  5. Re: A WINDOW WITHOUT A TITLE BAR

    Michel Bardiaux wrote:
    > cnjinhao@hotmail.com wrote:
    >
    >> yes, use xlib only. could you please give me some groups about xlib
    >> programming, thank you very much
    >>
    >> Jinhao
    >>

    > comp.windows.x and comp.windows.x.apps; but you will not find many
    > people doing xlib-only programming, because that is really much harder
    > than using a toolkit! Hence, toolkit authors are about the only ones who
    > *will* know how to do what you want.

    I think he could do it like xmms, which has it's own built-in window
    manager and ignores whatever window manager is running on the
    workstation. Thus no title bar or other decorations from the running
    window manager. A lot of people find this "feature" to be really
    annoying, however.

+ Reply to Thread