OpenMotif 2.3 beta - Motif

This is a discussion on OpenMotif 2.3 beta - Motif ; Hello I am not the right person to announce it, but am so happy to see some movement here that I will do it anyway: http://www.openmotif.org/ OpenMotif 2.3 beta is out, and it supposedly contains support for antialiased fonts, UTF-8 ...

  1. OpenMotif 2.3 beta

    Hello

    I am not the right person to announce it, but am so happy to
    see some movement here that I will do it anyway:

    http://www.openmotif.org/
    OpenMotif 2.3 beta is out, and it supposedly contains
    support for antialiased fonts, UTF-8 and JPEG format.

    Dušan Peterc
    http://www.arahne.si

  2. Re: OpenMotif 2.3 beta

    Hurrey!
    Antialiased fonts and UTF-8 - that's all I wanted from the next
    version, it is very cool, I'm really glad to hear it. :-)

  3. Re: OpenMotif 2.3 beta

    Thanks for posting this!

    Some more info on new features of OM 2.3 beta 1:

    · Client-side anti-aliased fonts supported via XFT
    · UTF-8 and UTF8_STRING atom support
    · Ability to show text and pixmaps in Label, LabelGadget, and all
    derived widgets
    · Support of PNG and JPEG image formats in the same way as XPM is
    supported
    · 26 bug fixes (this list is likely to grow... ;-) )

    The release notes are at: (sorry for the cryptic url...)

    http://www.motifzone.net/index.php?m..._position=74:3

    OpenMotif 2.3 is binary compatible with OpenMotif 2.2 applications that
    use standard Motif widgets or use third party widgets that access
    internal Motif structures through the resolvepartsoffset API.

    Mark

+ Reply to Thread