Application shell button sensitivity with working dialog up. - Motif

This is a discussion on Application shell button sensitivity with working dialog up. - Motif ; This describes an issue in one of our applications concerning button sensitivity. The main display has buttons that allow you to display, create, print, etc. There is also a button that loads information into the main display widget, and since ...

  1. Application shell button sensitivity with working dialog up.

    This describes an issue in one of our applications concerning button
    sensitivity.

    The main display has buttons that allow you to display, create, print,
    etc. There is also a button that loads information into the main
    display widget, and since this is a lengthy operation, a
    Dialog_Full_Application_Modal working dialog is put up to display a
    running total of the information being loaded, and provide a cancel
    option. Before the working dialog is put up, the display, create, and
    print button widgets are set not sensitive.

    We've found though that if you click any one of them during the load
    operation the event still gets queued and, when the load operation
    completes or is cancelled, the button callback is activated. Since the
    button is not sensitive, the event should be thrown away.

    Any thoughts on what we are missing?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Application shell button sensitivity with working dialog up.

    I had asked this question to a support organization with whom we have a
    support contract. They were able to duplicate the problem, and
    suggested we ask the question in this news group, per the following:

    "I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I tried full modal with
    making the buttons insensitive, but no luck. I was looking through our
    code as the builder window seems to not have the behavior of saving
    events, but nothing stands out. I was thinking that you could ask the
    question in the news group comp.windows.x.motif as this is definitely
    an X/Motif issue."

    Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread