How to make GUI screens independent of system resolution in X-motif 1.1? - Motif

This is a discussion on How to make GUI screens independent of system resolution in X-motif 1.1? - Motif ; I am working on x-motif 1.1, In my GUI application I created some windows(screens) using XtAppCreateShell() API. When we checked these screens in defferent systems which are configured with different resolution we find screens are looking bigger and smaller, also ...

  1. How to make GUI screens independent of system resolution in X-motif 1.1?

    I am working on x-motif 1.1, In my GUI application I created some
    windows(screens) using XtAppCreateShell() API. When we checked these
    screens in defferent systems which are configured with different
    resolution we find screens are looking bigger and smaller, also the
    button in the screens also misaligned.
    How to create a shell independent of system resolution , which resource
    arg we have to set?

    Thank you
    Kala

  2. Re: How to make GUI screens independent of system resolution in X-motif1.1?

    Motif allows measurements to specified in various units (XmNunitType),
    but I'm not sure that goes back into 1.1.

    This probably depends on having the display's resolution properly set,
    based on the monitor's actual size. From what I can tell this is rare,
    and most X servers just default to 75 to 100.

+ Reply to Thread