How to avoid the exiting of progarm after getting the error "Couldn't find per display information" ? - Motif

This is a discussion on How to avoid the exiting of progarm after getting the error "Couldn't find per display information" ? - Motif ; I am working on x-motif 1.1 and SCO OS. We are running the GUI application as a thread generated by a main process(deamon). Some time in middle ie doing opening and closing some windows we are getting "Couldn't find per ...

  1. How to avoid the exiting of progarm after getting the error "Couldn't find per display information" ?

    I am working on x-motif 1.1 and SCO OS.
    We are running the GUI application as a thread generated by a main
    process(deamon). Some time in middle ie doing opening and closing some
    windows we are getting "Couldn't find per display information" error
    and the whole application and deamon will exit.
    We know because of applications accidentally destroying widgets twice
    or couldn't find the display pointer this error occurs.
    But still canont we handle this error like whenever this error occurs
    the program should not exit eventhough error is shown at terminal.

  2. Re: How to avoid the exiting of progarm after getting the error "Couldn't find per display information" ?

    I doubt this is the kind of error you can recover from. You could try
    registering a new error handler with "XSetErrorHandler()" to see if
    it's the non-fatal kind of error.

    But really you should not be destroying the widgets twice. That's the
    kind of bug that could cause other programs - be thankful the
    application died or it may have been much harder to track down

  3. Re: How to avoid the exiting of progarm after getting the error "Couldn't find per display information" ?

    Will u send me the some code how to use XSetErrorHandler().
    After seeing this sentance "be thankful the
    application died or it may have been much harder to track down "
    ...some what become cool ,but the our application not getting stable.

+ Reply to Thread