problem with XtAppInitialize function - Motif

This is a discussion on problem with XtAppInitialize function - Motif ; Hay, i am a newbie to motif, and here is my code: #include #include int main(int argc, char **argv) { Widget app_shell; XtAppContext app; app_shell = XtAppInitialize(&app, "Example", (XrmOptionDescList) NULL, 0, &argc, argv, (String *) NULL, (ArgList) NULL, 0); } ...

  1. problem with XtAppInitialize function

    {
    Widget app_shell;
    XtAppContext app;
    app_shell = XtAppInitialize(&app, "Example",
    (XrmOptionDescList) NULL, 0, &argc, argv,
    (String *) NULL, (ArgList) NULL, 0);
    }

    But there is some problem, that is:

    ld32: ERROR 33 : Unresolved text symbol "XtAppInitialize" -- 1st
    referenced by Debug/main.o.
    Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives and dsos are
    loaded.
    ld32: INFO 152: Output file removed because of error.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: problem with XtAppInitialize function

    Kevin White wrote:
    > Hay, i am a newbie to motif, and here is my code:
    >
    > #include
    > #include
    >
    > int main(int argc, char **argv)
    > {
    > Widget app_shell;
    > XtAppContext app;
    > app_shell = XtAppInitialize(&app, "Example",
    > (XrmOptionDescList) NULL, 0, &argc, argv,
    > (String *) NULL, (ArgList) NULL, 0);
    > }
    >
    > But there is some problem, that is:
    >
    > ld32: ERROR 33 : Unresolved text symbol "XtAppInitialize" -- 1st
    > referenced by Debug/main.o.
    > Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives and dsos are
    > loaded.
    > ld32: INFO 152: Output file removed because of error.
    >

    > Thanks.

    It looks like you are not linking with libXt.a. It should be located in
    the same place as libX11.a (/usr/lib).

    Jim Lahue

+ Reply to Thread