How to bring a window to front with mouse click? - Motif

This is a discussion on How to bring a window to front with mouse click? - Motif ; Hi, Could anyone please give me some hint about how to bring a window to front by mouse click or mouse over it? On linux the system has taken care of this; but on OS X (my program runs under ...

  1. How to bring a window to front with mouse click?

    Hi,

    Could anyone please give me some hint about how to bring a window to front
    by mouse click or mouse over it?

    On linux the system has taken care of this; but on OS X (my program runs
    under X11), the child windows are always staying on top of my main window..
    I wish to be able to bring my main winow to front by a click.. I read
    something about XRaiseWindow etc, but couldn't figure it out..

    Thank you very much for your read and help!

    Owen

  2. Re: How to bring a window to front with mouse click?

    wob96@yahoo.com wrote:

    > On linux the system has taken care of this; but on OS X (my program runs
    > under X11), the child windows are always staying on top of my main window..
    > I wish to be able to bring my main winow to front by a click.. I read
    > something about XRaiseWindow etc, but couldn't figure it out..

    Window managers are free to intepret the hierarchy hints like that. So,
    change your WM to ignore that.

    Or, make all the windows "equal" by not make the other windows children
    of the main window. Instead make them all children of the application
    shell, and that way the WM will not try to impose a stacking policy on it.

+ Reply to Thread