resources to configure to look like CDE - Motif

This is a discussion on resources to configure to look like CDE - Motif ; Is there a way to set default resources so when running Motif applications and MWM I can get the same look as when they're run under CDE (IE, the correct background colors for editable widgets like text, the right highlight/selection ...

  1. resources to configure to look like CDE

    Is there a way to set default resources so when running Motif
    applications and MWM I can get the same look as when they're run under
    CDE (IE, the correct background colors for editable widgets like text,
    the right highlight/selection color, getting popup menu items to darken
    instead of 3d-pop out when selected, the default spacing and margins
    around various widgets ...)

    And if so, is there an easy way to extract these resource settings from
    some file on my CDE system to that I don't have to do it all manually?

  2. Re: resources to configure to look like CDE

    eklope2000@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Is there a way to set default resources so when running Motif
    > applications and MWM I can get the same look as when they're run under
    > CDE (IE, the correct background colors for editable widgets like text,
    > the right highlight/selection color, getting popup menu items to darken
    > instead of 3d-pop out when selected, the default spacing and margins
    > around various widgets ...)

    Assuming you use Motif 2.x, almost everything except the colours can be
    fixed by including these four lines in your ~/.Xdefaults file:

    *enableEtchedInMenu: True
    *enableThinThickness: True
    *enableToggleColor: True
    *enableToggleVisual: True

    It's a shame these aren't True by default in Motif 2, they make Motif
    apps look 100 times better IMHO.

    > And if so, is there an easy way to extract these resource settings from
    > some file on my CDE system to that I don't have to do it all manually?

    The resources are stored in .dt/sessions/{home|current}/dt.resources. I
    guess you can get most or all the colour-related resources by grep'ing
    that file for "background" and "foreground".

    --
    Per Espen Hagen
    To reply by mail, replace spam with cc

+ Reply to Thread