Container widgets - Motif

This is a discussion on Container widgets - Motif ; I've written a couple of Motif widgets that are based on the GTK+ box and table widgets. These are simpler than the Motif form widget and may prove easier to use for many common layouts. Also, I've recently updated Steve ...

  1. Container widgets

    I've written a couple of Motif widgets that are based on the GTK+ box
    and table widgets. These are simpler than the Motif form widget and may
    prove easier to use for many common layouts.

    Also, I've recently updated Steve Green's GtkForm widget to GTK+ 2.x.
    GtkForm implements some of the features of the Motif form widget, so it
    might be handy for anyone porting Motif applications to GTK+.

    All these are open source. Get them here:

    http://intgat.tigress.co.uk/rmy/containers/index.html

    Ron

  2. Re: Container widgets

    Ron Yorston wrote:
    > I've written a couple of Motif widgets that are based on the GTK+ box
    > and table widgets. These are simpler than the Motif form widget and may
    > prove easier to use for many common layouts.
    >
    > Also, I've recently updated Steve Green's GtkForm widget to GTK+ 2.x.
    > GtkForm implements some of the features of the Motif form widget, so it
    > might be handy for anyone porting Motif applications to GTK+.
    >
    > All these are open source. Get them here:
    >
    > http://intgat.tigress.co.uk/rmy/containers/index.html
    >
    > Ron

    Looks interesting, but I had trouble finding the exact licenses. Could
    you please tell me in which files inside WtBox.tgz and WtTable.tgz the
    licenses are? "open source" is a bit vague...

    --
    Michel Bardiaux
    R&D Director

  3. Re: Container widgets

    Michel Bardiaux wrote:
    > Ron Yorston wrote:
    >
    >> I've written a couple of Motif widgets that are based on the GTK+ box
    >> and table widgets. These are simpler than the Motif form widget and
    >> may prove easier to use for many common layouts.
    >>
    >> Also, I've recently updated Steve Green's GtkForm widget to GTK+ 2.x.
    >> GtkForm implements some of the features of the Motif form widget, so
    >> it might be handy for anyone porting Motif applications to GTK+.
    >>
    >> All these are open source. Get them here:
    >>
    >> http://intgat.tigress.co.uk/rmy/containers/index.html
    >>
    >> Ron
    >>

    > Looks interesting, but I had trouble finding the exact licenses. Could
    > you please tell me in which files inside WtBox.tgz and WtTable.tgz the
    > licenses are? "open source" is a bit vague...

    The licences for WtBox and WtTable are in the README files:

    Copyright (c) 1999 Edward A. Falk
    Copyright (c) 2005 Tigress Limited

    The X Consortium, and any party obtaining a copy of these files
    from the X Consortium, directly or indirectly, is granted, free of
    charge, a full and unrestricted irrevocable, world-wide, paid up,
    royalty-free, nonexclusive right and license to deal in this
    software and documentation files (the "Software"), including
    without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish,
    distribute, sublicense, and sell copies of the Software, and to
    permit persons who receive copies from any such party to do so.

    Ron

+ Reply to Thread