regarding drawing string - Motif

This is a discussion on regarding drawing string - Motif ; I have to draw string with some angles but not horizontal to display. is there any function in motif which could provide me this behaviour or shoulf i use different technique mohan...

  1. regarding drawing string

    I have to draw string with some angles but not horizontal to display.
    is there any function in motif which could provide me this behaviour

    or shoulf i use different technique

    mohan

  2. Re: regarding drawing string

    invincible wrote:
    > I have to draw string with some angles but not horizontal to display.
    > is there any function in motif which could provide me this behaviour
    >
    > or shoulf i use different technique

    Motif alone can not do this, you must rely on core Xlib functionality.
    Matrix XLFD extension to X allows you to do specify a rotation to
    for your font.
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/x-faq/part7/section-45.html

    This article could also be of use, if you choose to use
    XFT font technology.
    http://www.keithp.com/~keithp/render/Xft.tutorial

    Best regards,

    Dušan Peterc
    Arahne, d.o.o.
    http://www.arahne.si

  3. Re: regarding drawing string

    thanks a lot
    I could get some info from this link

    Mohan

    "arahne" wrote in message
    > invincible wrote:
    > > I have to draw string with some angles but not horizontal to display.
    > > is there any function in motif which could provide me this behaviour
    > >
    > > or shoulf i use different technique

    > Motif alone can not do this, you must rely on core Xlib functionality.
    > Matrix XLFD extension to X allows you to do specify a rotation to
    > for your font.
    > http://www.faqs.org/faqs/x-faq/part7/section-45.html
    >
    > This article could also be of use, if you choose to use
    > XFT font technology.
    > http://www.keithp.com/~keithp/render/Xft.tutorial
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Dušan Peterc