So, for my first ever Motif task, I've been assigned to write a Motif
program which will display a .xwd to the screen, among other things.
I've taken the advice from the FAQ, liberated bits of code from xwud,
and in general made it as best as I can.

More specifically, I took the code from xwud to read the .xwd into an
XImage structure, with minor alterations to befit the fact that all the
images I'm showing are ZPixmap 1024x940 8-bit color images. From
there, the following code is what I've used.

------------------------
gc = XtGetGC(widget,0,NULL);
pixmap = XCreatePixmap(dpy,XtWindow(widget), in_image->width,
in_image->height, in_image->depth);
if (pixmap==XmUNSPECIFIED_PIXMAP)
{/* Unrelated error-checking code*/}
XPutImage(dpy,pixmap,gc,in_image,0,0,0,0,in_image->width,
in_image->height);
XtVaSetValues(widget, XmNlabelPixmap, pixmap, NULL);

With this code, the image does not display. The closest I've come so
far is a black box of the appropriate size with a little bit of color
information on one side of it. Can anyone think of anything I may have
missed that could help me solve this issue?