Q: Vertical separator in popup - Motif

This is a discussion on Q: Vertical separator in popup - Motif ; I have a popup menu with 2 columns. I would like to have some kind of vertical separator drawn between the 2 columns, is it possible? Currently I use entryBorder=2 but that also draws horizontal separators, which I find unaesthetic... ...

  1. Q: Vertical separator in popup

    I have a popup menu with 2 columns. I would like to have some kind of
    vertical separator drawn between the 2 columns, is it possible?
    Currently I use entryBorder=2 but that also draws horizontal separators,
    which I find unaesthetic...

    TIA,
    --
    Michel Bardiaux
    Peaktime Belgium S.A. Bd. du Souverain, 191 B-1160 Bruxelles

  2. Re: Q: Vertical separator in popup

    Michel Bardiaux wrote:
    > I have a popup menu with 2 columns. I would like to have some kind of
    > vertical separator drawn between the 2 columns, is it possible?
    > Currently I use entryBorder=2 but that also draws horizontal separators,
    > which I find unaesthetic...

    Add an XmSeparator with XmNorientation set to VERTICAL

    Best regards,

    Dušan Peterc
    Arahne, d.o.o.
    http://www.arahne.si

  3. Re: Q: Vertical separator in popup

    arahne wrote:
    > Michel Bardiaux wrote:
    >
    >> I have a popup menu with 2 columns. I would like to have some kind of
    >> vertical separator drawn between the 2 columns, is it possible?
    >> Currently I use entryBorder=2 but that also draws horizontal
    >> separators, which I find unaesthetic...

    > Add an XmSeparator with XmNorientation set to VERTICAL

    Let's assume I have 20 cells in my list, which will mean 2 columns of 10
    rows. Do you mean I should go to 3 columns, and fill cells 11 to 20 with
    vertical separators?

    --
    Michel Bardiaux
    Peaktime Belgium S.A. Bd. du Souverain, 191 B-1160 Bruxelles
    Tel : +32 2 790.29.41

  4. Re: Q: Vertical separator in popup

    > Let's assume I have 20 cells in my list, which will mean 2 columns of 10
    > rows. Do you mean I should go to 3 columns, and fill cells 11 to 20 with
    > vertical separators?

    Yes. Or have them interleaved horizontally, depending on your RowColumn
    orientation.

    Best regards,

    Dušan Peterc
    Arahne, d.o.o.
    http://www.arahne.si

  5. Re: Q: Vertical separator in popup

    arahne wrote:

    >> Let's assume I have 20 cells in my list, which will mean 2 columns of
    >> 10 rows. Do you mean I should go to 3 columns, and fill cells 11 to 20
    >> with vertical separators?

    > Yes. Or have them interleaved horizontally, depending on your RowColumn
    > orientation.

    Understood. But I was hoping for something less kludgey...

    --
    Michel Bardiaux
    Peaktime Belgium S.A. Bd. du Souverain, 191 B-1160 Bruxelles
    Tel : +32 2 790.29.41

+ Reply to Thread