XmFileSelectionDialog children arguments in UIL - Motif

This is a discussion on XmFileSelectionDialog children arguments in UIL - Motif ; In UIL, how does one specify arguments to children of the file selection dialog ? I know for instance that there is a child name DirList and one named ItemsList I tried the code below, but DirLIst turned out to ...

  1. XmFileSelectionDialog children arguments in UIL

    In UIL, how does one specify arguments to children of the file selection
    dialog ?

    I know for instance that there is a child name DirList and one named
    ItemsList

    I tried the code below, but DirLIst turned out to be a new widget that
    is created, instead of affecting the DirList widget that is created as
    part of the XmFileSelectionBox.

    When looking at the XmFileSelectionDialogGetChild, one can specificy
    proper "tokens" to denote varous windets inside the FSB, for instance XmDIALOG_DIR_LIST

    How can I translate this into UIL syntax to allow me to specify
    arguments to the DIR_LISt and others ?

    object open_dialog : XmFileSelectionDialog {
    arguments {
    XmNautoUnmanage = false;
    XmNdialogTitle = 'Select a text library';
    XmNlistVisibleItemCount = 8;
    XmNdirectory = 'SYS$LIBRARY:' ;
    XmNpattern = '*.tlb' ;
    XmNresizePolicy = XmRESIZE_GROW ;
    XmNwidth = 500;
    };
    controls {
    XmScrolledList DirList;
    };

    callbacks { XmNokCallback= procedure exec_open_cb(open_ok) ;
    XmNcancelCallback= procedure exec_open_cb(open_cancel) ; };
    };

    object DirList : XmScrolledList {
    arguments { XmNforeground = color('blue',foreground);
    XmNbackground = color('yellow',background);
    };
    };

  2. Re: XmFileSelectionDialog children arguments in UIL

    JF Mezei wrote:

    > In UIL, how does one specify arguments to children of the file selection
    > dialog ?
    >
    > I know for instance that there is a child name DirList and one named
    > ItemsList
    >
    > I tried the code below, but DirLIst turned out to be a new widget that
    > is created, instead of affecting the DirList widget that is created as
    > part of the XmFileSelectionBox.
    >
    > When looking at the XmFileSelectionDialogGetChild, one can specificy
    > proper "tokens" to denote varous windets inside the FSB, for instance XmDIALOG_DIR_LIST
    >
    > How can I translate this into UIL syntax to allow me to specify
    > arguments to the DIR_LISt and others ?
    >
    > object open_dialog : XmFileSelectionDialog {
    > arguments {
    > XmNautoUnmanage = false;
    > XmNdialogTitle = 'Select a text library';
    > XmNlistVisibleItemCount = 8;
    > XmNdirectory = 'SYS$LIBRARY:' ;
    > XmNpattern = '*.tlb' ;
    > XmNresizePolicy = XmRESIZE_GROW ;
    > XmNwidth = 500;
    > };
    > controls {
    > XmScrolledList DirList;
    > };
    >
    > callbacks { XmNokCallback= procedure exec_open_cb(open_ok) ;
    > XmNcancelCallback= procedure exec_open_cb(open_cancel) ; };
    > };
    >
    > object DirList : XmScrolledList {
    > arguments { XmNforeground = color('blue',foreground);
    > XmNbackground = color('yellow',background);
    > };
    > };

    try this:

    object open_dialog : XmFileSelectionDialog {
    arguments {
    XmNautoUnmanage = false;
    XmNdialogTitle = 'Select a text library';
    XmNlistVisibleItemCount = 8;
    XmNdirectory = 'SYS$LIBRARY:' ;
    XmNpattern = '*.tlb' ;
    XmNresizePolicy = XmRESIZE_GROW ;
    XmNwidth = 500;
    };
    controls {
    Xm_DirList managed {
    arguments {
    XmNforeground = color('blue');
    XmNbackground = color('yellow');
    };
    };
    };

    callbacks { XmNokCallback= procedure exec_open_cb(open_ok) ;
    XmNcancelCallback= procedure exec_open_cb(open_cancel)
    ; };
    };

    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt