Need window code - Motif

This is a discussion on Need window code - Motif ; Does anyone have Motif code (in C) that will: Open up a window, display the output from reading data from *a remote server's port (ASCII text) into that window and have a butto*n to REFRESH the data being displayed? Would ...

  1. Need window code

    Does anyone have Motif code (in C) that will:

    Open up a window, display the output from reading data from *a remote
    server's port (ASCII text) into that window and have a butto*n to
    REFRESH the data being displayed? Would also like Window to *be
    minimizable and display a PNG file in a window connected to *the
    window.

    Zach

  2. Re: Need window code

    Zach wrote:
    > Does anyone have Motif code (in C) that will:
    >
    > Open up a window, display the output from reading data from *a remote
    > server's port (ASCII text) into that window and have a butto*n to
    > REFRESH the data being displayed? Would also like Window to *be
    > minimizable and display a PNG file in a window connected to *the
    > window.

    Zach, what makes you think that someone either (a) has such a program
    lying about, or (b) is willing to write a complete program for you, just
    like that? Whether this is for work, school or play, I would politely
    suggest you study up a bit, then make an honest attempt of writing this
    yourself, and ask the group if you have any problems.

    Everything you ask for is quite trivial, with the possible exception of
    displaying a PNG file (an XPM file would have been a lot easier).

    --
    Per Espen Hagen
    To reply by mail, remove last character in email address

+ Reply to Thread