custom dialog a'la selection box - Motif

This is a discussion on custom dialog a'la selection box - Motif ; Hello. I'm trying to create a custom dialog with the following layout: LABEL SCROLLEDWINDOW BUTTON I would like a scrolledwindow to change its size when users resizes the dialog ( other widgets' size should remain unchanged) After googling, reading FAQ ...

  1. custom dialog a'la selection box

    Hello.

    I'm trying to create a custom dialog with the following layout:

    LABEL
    SCROLLEDWINDOW
    BUTTON

    I would like a scrolledwindow to change its size when users
    resizes the dialog ( other widgets' size should remain unchanged)
    After googling, reading FAQ etc. I came to a conclusion that
    it is impossible. I had to change my mind when I saw a selectionbox
    in action. It behaves exactly as I would like my dialog to behave.
    So here is my question: how can I achieve that, exprimenting with
    XmForm(or even reading sources of selectionbox from openmotif ) gave no
    satisfactory results.

    Thanks for any help.

    --
    DM

  2. Re: custom dialog a'la selection box

    DM wrote:
    > LABEL
    > SCROLLEDWINDOW
    > BUTTON
    >
    > I would like a scrolledwindow to change its size when users
    > resizes the dialog

    Try enclosing the stuff in an XmForm, and then use tags such as
    XmleftAttachement, XmtopAttachement, XmBottomAttachement , XmrightAttachement

    with values such as: XmATTACH_FORM, and XmATTACH WIDGET
    and
    XmleftOffset, XmrightOffset, XmtopOffset, XmbottomOffset.

  3. Re: custom dialog a'la selection box

    Dnia Tue, 25 Jan 2005 00:10:03 -0500, JF Mezei wrote:

    > Try enclosing the stuff in an XmForm, and then use tags such as
    > XmleftAttachement, XmtopAttachement, XmBottomAttachement , XmrightAttachement
    >
    > with values such as: XmATTACH_FORM, and XmATTACH WIDGET
    > and
    > XmleftOffset, XmrightOffset, XmtopOffset, XmbottomOffset.

    Thanks. It works

    --
    DM

+ Reply to Thread