Re: to get the height of a Text widget - Motif

This is a discussion on Re: to get the height of a Text widget - Motif ; > int height; > w = XtVaCreateManagedWidget("w", > xmTextWidgetClass, wgt_Form, > /* XmNheight, 20,*/ > NULL); > XtVaGetValues(w,XmNheight,&height,NULL); > printf("text height=%d",height); > > When I set the XmNheight value I see that the display is modifiied > accordingly. If no ...

  1. Re: to get the height of a Text widget

    > int height;
    > w = XtVaCreateManagedWidget("w",
    > xmTextWidgetClass, wgt_Form,
    > /* XmNheight, 20,*/
    > NULL);
    > XtVaGetValues(w,XmNheight,&height,NULL);
    > printf("text height=%d",height);
    >
    > When I set the XmNheight value I see that the display is modifiied
    > accordingly. If no value is set, there is a default value that is used.
    > I want to know what is this value and use the XtVaGetValues command to get
    > it, but the result is wrong : height = 20312100
    >
    > What is wrong ?

    Should be:
    Dimension height;

    It is not an int, X Window sizes are short ;-)

    Best regards,

    Dusan Peterc
    Arahne, d.o.o.
    http://www.arahne.si

  2. Re: to get the height of a Text widget

    Thank you, it runs as expected.
    I am confused because it is an error from beginner !

    "arahne" a écrit dans le message de
    > > int height;
    > > w = XtVaCreateManagedWidget("w",
    > > xmTextWidgetClass, wgt_Form,
    > > /* XmNheight, 20,*/
    > > NULL);
    > > XtVaGetValues(w,XmNheight,&height,NULL);
    > > printf("text height=%d",height);
    > >
    > > When I set the XmNheight value I see that the display is modifiied
    > > accordingly. If no value is set, there is a default value that is used.
    > > I want to know what is this value and use the XtVaGetValues command to

    get
    > > it, but the result is wrong : height = 20312100
    > >
    > > What is wrong ?

    > Should be:
    > Dimension height;
    >
    > It is not an int, X Window sizes are short ;-)
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Dusan Peterc
    > Arahne, d.o.o.
    > http://www.arahne.si