Multiple drawing windows - Motif

This is a discussion on Multiple drawing windows - Motif ; Hi Group, I am seeking advice about doing something in Motif using Motif drawing widgets. I have an application consisting of four independent drawing widgets. Each drawing widget is a seperate window implemented using application shells. toplevel - applicationShellWidgetClass - ...

  1. Multiple drawing windows

    Hi Group,

    I am seeking advice about doing something in Motif using Motif drawing
    widgets.

    I have an application consisting of four independent drawing widgets.

    Each drawing widget is a seperate window implemented using application
    shells.

    toplevel - applicationShellWidgetClass - xmFormWidgetClass -
    xmDrawingAreaWidgetClass

    Each window is used to display a different view of my model. (X, Y, Z
    and perspective).

    In my application window four is the perspective view.

    If the user changes the geometry of a the model in this window.

    I redraw this window and the geometry is updated for the perspecitive
    view.

    How do I make Motif redraw the other three windows (assuming the need
    to be redrawn)?

    Thanks

    Mark

  2. Re: Multiple drawing windows

    shofu_au@yahoo.com.au (Mark Smith) wrote in news:8bdc0085.0501162211.49ec2fd0
    @posting.google.com:
    > I redraw this window and the geometry is updated for the perspecitive
    > view.
    >
    > How do I make Motif redraw the other three windows (assuming the need
    > to be redrawn)?

    If you are using drawing area widgets, redrawing is the application's
    responsibility. Motif just passes along events like exposure.

    Ken Lee, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

+ Reply to Thread