List Widget with inputable fields - Motif

This is a discussion on List Widget with inputable fields - Motif ; Hi, How may I create lists of x inputable fields (x could be greater : 1000) that can be easily managed : something as the List Widget behavior excepted that the List Widget do not allowed inputable fields. I am ...

  1. List Widget with inputable fields

    Hi,

    How may I create lists of x inputable fields (x could be greater : 1000)
    that can be easily managed : something as the List Widget behavior excepted
    that the List Widget do not allowed inputable fields.
    I am surprised to not find a "standard" solution to this widespread
    requirement.

    Thanks for your help

  2. Re: List Widget with inputable fields

    Hello,

    > How may I create lists of x inputable fields (x could be greater : 1000)
    > that can be easily managed : something as the List Widget behavior excepted
    > that the List Widget do not allowed inputable fields.

    Try Microline XmL widget set (was used in Netscape)
    http://www.ist-inc.com/xd/userwidgets.html
    I use the Grid widget on 10000+ fields, works extremely fast.
    It is very small and will only add 200K as a shared library.
    Try the demos to see what it can do for you.

    Alternatively, XbaeMatrix could also do the job,
    judging from the screenshots
    http://xbae.sourceforge.net/

    > I am surprised to not find a "standard" solution to this widespread
    > requirement.

    Motif is old and lacks many modern UI building blocks.
    Luckily, open source widgets sometimes come to the rescue, but not
    always, and with varying results (for example HTML widget).

    Dusan Peterc

+ Reply to Thread