object has no windowed ancestor - Motif

This is a discussion on object has no windowed ancestor - Motif ; Dear all, In a legacy X app I'm getting crashes with the message 'Object "" has no windowed ancestor', typically when I close widgets. I can reliably (but painfully) work around these crashes by simply manually resizing the application window ...

  1. object has no windowed ancestor

    Dear all,

    In a legacy X app I'm getting crashes with the message 'Object "" has no
    windowed ancestor', typically when I close widgets.
    I can reliably (but painfully) work around these crashes by simply manually
    resizing the application window before closing a widget.

    I was googling around on this, but couldn't find any clear diagnose on what
    is causing the crash, nor a solution to prevent such a crash to happen.

    Does anybody have any pointers on this?

    thx,
    H.

  2. Re: object has no windowed ancestor

    "Hans Horn" wrote in
    news:id_Cd.7564$yV1.206@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com :
    > In a legacy X app I'm getting crashes with the message 'Object "" has no
    > windowed ancestor', typically when I close widgets.

    Could be a memory corruption problem like destroying the same widgets twice.

    Ken Lee, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

  3. Re: object has no windowed ancestor

    What version of Motif are you using? I've seen problems with this in
    OpenMotif 2.2.2. If that's your problem, the only known fix is
    OpenMotif 2.2.3 or 2.1.

+ Reply to Thread