What does standart protocoll . . . mean. - Motif

This is a discussion on What does standart protocoll . . . mean. - Motif ; Hello! I'm reading in a document about Graphical User Interface Programming and I have a sentence that I don't exactly understand what they mean. The sentence is the following. "X provides a standard protocol through which programs and the base ...

  1. What does standart protocoll . . . mean.

    Hello!

    I'm reading in a document about Graphical User Interface Programming and I
    have a sentence that I don't exactly understand what they mean.
    The sentence is the following.
    "X provides a standard protocol through which programs and the base layer
    communicate to the window manager, so that all programs continue to run
    without change when the window manager is switched."

    Does the last sentence mean the Xprotocol with the Xserver and the Xclient.

    //Tony

  2. Re: What does standart protocoll . . . mean.

    Tony Johansson wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > I'm reading in a document about Graphical User Interface Programming and I
    > have a sentence that I don't exactly understand what they mean.
    > The sentence is the following.
    > "X provides a standard protocol through which programs and the base layer
    > communicate to the window manager, so that all programs continue to run
    > without change when the window manager is switched."
    >
    > Does the last sentence mean the Xprotocol with the Xserver and the Xclient.

    No, the Inter-Client Communication Protocol (IIRC the name)

    --
    Michel Bardiaux
    Peaktime Belgium S.A. Bd. du Souverain, 191 B-1160 Bruxelles

+ Reply to Thread