Modifying a widget appearance thru resource files - Motif

This is a discussion on Modifying a widget appearance thru resource files - Motif ; I've looked through the available customizations of several widgets through their resource settings but haven't found any resource settings that affect the 'core' appearance of a widget... I'm trying to modify the appearance of widgets to give them the look ...

  1. Modifying a widget appearance thru resource files

    I've looked through the available customizations of several widgets
    through their resource settings but haven't found any resource settings
    that affect the 'core' appearance of a widget... I'm trying to modify
    the appearance of widgets to give them the look of Windows controls
    and, for example, I want to modify the color/width of a widget's border
    to affect the beveling/raised appearance of the widgets?

    Can this be done through modifying widget resource files? Is there a
    better way?

  2. Re: Modifying a widget appearance thru resource files

    chicago_jazz@hotmail.com wrote:
    > that affect the 'core' appearance of a widget... I'm trying to modify
    > the appearance of widgets to give them the look of Windows controls
    > and, for example, I want to modify the color/width of a widget's border
    > to affect the beveling/raised appearance of the widgets?

    Many widgets are made up of other widgets. The trick is to find the name of
    the subwidgets, at which point you can set that subwidget's resource values
    fairly easily.

    What is the best way to get a list of a widgets's children ? (for instance,
    get the name of all children in an XmScrolledText widget).

+ Reply to Thread