Specifying Mouse Pointer in Resource File - Motif

This is a discussion on Specifying Mouse Pointer in Resource File - Motif ; I want to display the left pointer cursor for the mouse pointer for all Motif applications running on a particular machine. Is there a resource file change I can make so that the left pointer cursor is used for all ...

  1. Specifying Mouse Pointer in Resource File

    I want to display the left pointer cursor for the mouse pointer for all
    Motif applications running on a particular machine. Is there a
    resource file change I can make so that the left pointer cursor is used
    for all applications (not the X cursor).
    Also, can I modify the look of widgets using resource files?

  2. Re: Specifying Mouse Pointer in Resource File

    chicago_jazz@hotmail.com wrote in news:1103244087.069627.202320
    @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
    > I want to display the left pointer cursor for the mouse pointer for all
    > Motif applications running on a particular machine. Is there a
    > resource file change I can make so that the left pointer cursor is used
    > for all applications (not the X cursor).
    > Also, can I modify the look of widgets using resource files?

    See the widget manual pages for customization resources. They vary from
    widget to widget. Some allow setting the cursor from resource files (for
    that widget). For global settings, check your window manager documentation
    for possible resources.

    Ken Lee, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

  3. Re: Specifying Mouse Pointer in Resource File

    What I'm trying to do is change the mouse pointer cursor on a more
    'global' basis (i.e. not widget by widget but for all applications
    running on a particular system).

  4. Re: Specifying Mouse Pointer in Resource File

    Hi Chicago,

    > I want to display the left pointer cursor for the mouse pointer for
    > all Motif applications running on a particular machine. Is there a
    > resource file change I can make so that the left pointer cursor is
    > used for all applications (not the X cursor).

    Have you considered replacing the cursor font used by the X server with
    one where all the glyphs look like the left pointer cursor?

    Cheers,

    --
    Ralph Corderoy. http://inputplus.co.uk/ralph/ http://troff.org/

+ Reply to Thread