Is X window system and X11 the same thing - Motif

This is a discussion on Is X window system and X11 the same thing - Motif ; Hello!! I just wonder if the protocoll X window system with it's x-server and X-client is the same thing as X11. //tony...

  1. Is X window system and X11 the same thing

    Hello!!

    I just wonder if the protocoll X window system with it's x-server and
    X-client is the same thing as X11.

    //tony

  2. Re: Is X window system and X11 the same thing

    In article <_rJtd.10552$d5.93765@newsb.telia.net> "Tony Johansson" writes:

    >I just wonder if the protocoll X window system with it's x-server and
    >X-client is the same thing as X11.

    Yes. X11 is version 11 of the X window system.

    The current release is X11R6.

    -Pete Zakel
    (phz@seeheader.nospam)

    "Fertility is hereditary. If your parents didn't have any children,
    neither will you."

  3. Re: Is X window system and X11 the same thing

    "Tony Johansson" wrote in news:_rJtd.10552
    $d5.93765@newsb.telia.net:
    > I just wonder if the protocoll X window system with it's x-server and
    > X-client is the same thing as X11.

    X11 is the current version of the X Window System. It includes the X client-
    server protocol.

    Ken Lee, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

+ Reply to Thread