Doeas anybody have an hello word application - Motif

This is a discussion on Doeas anybody have an hello word application - Motif ; Hello Experts! Does anydody have an application that prints hello word when pushing a button by using motif. //Tony...

  1. Doeas anybody have an hello word application

    Hello Experts!

    Does anydody have an application that prints hello word when pushing a
    button by using motif.

    //Tony

  2. Re: Doeas anybody have an hello word application

    Tony Johansson wrote:
    > Does anydody have an application that prints hello word when pushing a
    > button by using motif.

    There are many example motif applications that come with motif. On VMS, they
    are stored in the DECW$EXAMPLES: directory. There is a hellomotif program, as
    well as the motif periodic table of widgets (periodic.c). The later makes use
    of UIL so you have a nice template for widgets defined in UIL.

    The openmotif kit includes even more example programs. (www.openmotif.org).

  3. Re: Doeas anybody have an hello word application

    In article <41B73269.BDFD6923@teksavvy.com> JF Mezei writes:
    >Tony Johansson wrote:
    >> Does anydody have an application that prints hello word when pushing a
    >> button by using motif.

    >There are many example motif applications that come with motif. On VMS, they
    >are stored in the DECW$EXAMPLES: directory. There is a hellomotif program, as
    >well as the motif periodic table of widgets (periodic.c). The later makes use
    >of UIL so you have a nice template for widgets defined in UIL.
    >
    >The openmotif kit includes even more example programs. (www.openmotif.org).

    One of the better books I bought a while ago was "Power Programming... Motif"
    by Eric F. Johnson and Kevin Richard which came with a CD-ROM containing a
    wealth of example programs. I don't know if it is still in print.

    -Pete Zakel
    (phz@seeheader.nospam)

    "There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make
    it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies and the other is to
    make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies."

    -Charles Anthony Richard Hoare

+ Reply to Thread