XmCreateSimplePopUp - Motif

This is a discussion on XmCreateSimplePopUp - Motif ; Is there any way to create a simple popup menu where you dont have to hold down the right mouse for the menu to stay up......

  1. XmCreateSimplePopUp

    Is there any way to create a simple popup menu where you dont have to
    hold down the right mouse for the menu to stay up...

  2. Re: XmCreateSimplePopUp

    asdf wrote:

    > Is there any way to create a simple popup menu where you dont have to
    > hold down the right mouse for the menu to stay up...

    Motif supports the concept of detached menus. If a menu hiearchy is create
    properly,
    ( with XmNtearOffModel = XmTEAR_OFF_ENABLED) , then, you can "drag" an open
    menu item and it then stays opened and you can place it where you want.

  3. Re: XmCreateSimplePopUp

    JF Mezei wrote:
    > asdf wrote:
    >
    >>Is there any way to create a simple popup menu where you dont have to
    >>hold down the right mouse for the menu to stay up...

    > Motif supports the concept of detached menus. If a menu hiearchy is create
    > properly,
    > ( with XmNtearOffModel = XmTEAR_OFF_ENABLED) , then, you can "drag" an open
    > menu item and it then stays opened and you can place it where you want.

    Last time I looked, there was no way to fetch the state of menus
    (torn-off or not? if yes, geometry?) to save it in a file and restore
    the state at the next session. Still like that?

    --
    Michel Bardiaux
    Peaktime Belgium S.A. Bd. du Souverain, 191 B-1160 Bruxelles

  4. Re: XmCreateSimplePopUp

    Thanks for the help.

    JF Mezei wrote in message news:<41AF09F1.61594B2A@teksavvy.com>...
    > asdf wrote:
    > >
    > > Is there any way to create a simple popup menu where you dont have to
    > > hold down the right mouse for the menu to stay up...

    > Motif supports the concept of detached menus. If a menu hiearchy is create
    > properly,
    > ( with XmNtearOffModel = XmTEAR_OFF_ENABLED) , then, you can "drag" an open
    > menu item and it then stays opened and you can place it where you want.

+ Reply to Thread