How to handle F10 key in RESOURCE file? - Motif

This is a discussion on How to handle F10 key in RESOURCE file? - Motif ; I need YOUR help. I think I hava a problem. I wonder how to handle F10 in the RESOURCE FILE as follows; *translations: #override \ Shift F10: someAction() THIS DOESN'T WORK! The F10 is not valid, instead F1 to F9 ...

  1. How to handle F10 key in RESOURCE file?

    I need YOUR help.
    I think I hava a problem.

    I wonder how to handle F10 in the RESOURCE FILE
    as follows;

    *translations: #override \
    ShiftF10: someAction()

    THIS DOESN'T WORK! The F10 is not valid,
    instead F1 to F9 keys are valid.
    I am not sure the reason.
    Please help me.
    Thanks.

    K.OCHI
    E-mail kazu-ochi@k9.dion.ne.jp

  2. Re: How to handle F10 key in RESOURCE file?

    In article "K. OCHI" writes:
    >I need YOUR help.
    >I think I hava a problem.
    >

    >I wonder how to handle F10 in the RESOURCE FILE
    >as follows;
    >

    >*translations: #override \
    > ShiftF10: someAction()
    >

    >THIS DOESN'T WORK! The F10 is not valid,
    >instead F1 to F9 keys are valid.
    >I am not sure the reason.

    The reason is that F10 is coded to osfMenuBar() and Shift-F10 is coded to
    osfMenu() at a very low level and cannot be overridden (at least, I didn't
    figure out a way to override it when I ran into the same problem a very long
    time ago).

    -Pete Zakel
    (phz@seeheader.nospam)

    "You will see the light at the end of the tunnel; unfortunately, it will be
    the light of an oncoming freight train."

+ Reply to Thread