Focus on an XmList ? - Motif

This is a discussion on Focus on an XmList ? - Motif ; The XmList widget doesn't seem to handle focus callbacks. By using the TAB, one can navigate between widgets without the mouse and get to a point when the XmList widget is "active" and then use arrow keys to scroll up ...

  1. Focus on an XmList ?

    The XmList widget doesn't seem to handle focus callbacks.

    By using the TAB, one can navigate between widgets without the mouse and get
    to a point when the XmList widget is "active" and then use arrow keys to
    scroll up and down and then select to select an item.

    Is there an easy way for the application to know that the user has tabbed to
    the XmList widget if there is no focus callback ?

    I want to know what area the user has last visited so that if a find command
    is entered, it will act on that widget.

  2. Re: Focus on an XmList ?

    JF Mezei wrote:

    > Is there an easy way for the application to know that the user has tabbed to
    > the XmList widget if there is no focus callback ?

    Change the translation for FocusIn, being careful to preserve the
    existing one so the list doesn't break.

    *XmList.baseTranslations: #override\n\
    : ListFocusIn() your_focus_action_routine()

    Then write an action routine to handle the translation.

+ Reply to Thread