Getting the absolute position of a widget - Motif

This is a discussion on Getting the absolute position of a widget - Motif ; Hi, I would like to ask for help about how to get the absolute position value of a widget. The function 'XtVaGetValue' could be used to get a relative position of a widget, and that positin is measured in its ...

  1. Getting the absolute position of a widget

    Hi,

    I would like to ask for help about how to get the absolute position value of a widget. The function 'XtVaGetValue' could be used to get a relative position of a widget, and that positin is measured in its parent widget. But I would like to know the absolute position of a widget regardless of its parent.

    I will appreciate it if anyone lets me know about this.

    Thanks.

    Brad Choi

    -------------- 인터넷 카리스마 KORNET -------------

  2. Re: Getting the absolute position of a widget

    Brad Choi wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to ask for help about how to get the absolute position value of a widget. The function 'XtVaGetValue' could be used to get a relative position of a widget, and that positin is measured in its parent widget. But I would like to know the absolute position of a widget regardless of its parent.
    >
    > I will appreciate it if anyone lets me know about this.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Brad Choi
    >
    > -------------- 인터넷 카리스마 KORNET -------------

    After usijng XtVaGetValues() for XmNx and XmNy, convert that position to
    secreen coordinates using XtTranslateCoords().
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

  3. Re: Getting the absolute position of a widget

    http://www.nsl.fr

    "Brad Choi" a ecrit dans le message de
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to ask for help about how to get the absolute position value

    of a widget. The function 'XtVaGetValue' could be used to get a relative
    position of a widget, and that positin is measured in its parent widget. But
    I would like to know the absolute position of a widget regardless of its
    parent.

    > I will appreciate it if anyone lets me know about this.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Brad Choi

+ Reply to Thread