Accessing motif widgets from outside the application - Motif

This is a discussion on Accessing motif widgets from outside the application - Motif ; Hello: We need to provide test software to test Motif applications. We are looking into various possibilities, including building custom solution in house. A key piece of the problem we are trying to solve is how to do the following: ...

  1. Accessing motif widgets from outside the application

    Hello:

    We need to provide test software to test Motif applications. We are
    looking into various possibilities, including building custom solution
    in house. A key piece of the problem we are trying to solve is how to
    do the following:

    1. Access the motif widget tree from outside of a running process.
    2. Activating the widget and getting data from it.

    Matthew

  2. Re: Accessing motif widgets from outside the application

    m_s_harelick@yahoo.com (Matthew Harelick) wrote in
    news:bc8b96c2.0407270554.18b14dda@posting.google.c om:
    > 1. Access the motif widget tree from outside of a running process.
    > 2. Activating the widget and getting data from it.

    Editres has some support for this, but not a lot. You will probably need to
    add on to it to do anything real fancy.

    Ken Lee, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

  3. Re: Accessing motif widgets from outside the application

    Hi Ken:

    For editres don't I need to have some instrumentation written in the
    code from the Athena Widget set ?

    Matthew

    Ken Lee wrote in message news:...
    > m_s_harelick@yahoo.com (Matthew Harelick) wrote in
    > news:bc8b96c2.0407270554.18b14dda@posting.google.c om:
    > > 1. Access the motif widget tree from outside of a running process.
    > > 2. Activating the widget and getting data from it.

    > Editres has some support for this, but not a lot. You will probably need to
    > add on to it to do anything real fancy.
    >
    > Ken Lee, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

  4. Re: Accessing motif widgets from outside the application

    m_s_harelick@yahoo.com (Matthew Harelick) wrote in
    news:bc8b96c2.0407280551.5599a967@posting.google.c om:
    > For editres don't I need to have some instrumentation written in the
    > code from the Athena Widget set ?

    Editres works with any X Toolkit widget set.

    Ken Lee, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

+ Reply to Thread