SpinBox question - Motif

This is a discussion on SpinBox question - Motif ; I'm trying to get at the Text/TextField portion XmSpinBox in order to explicitly specify project required foreground/background/fontlist values. Although the spinbox has a resource for foreground and background, it does not propagate it to the textfield child. Is there anyway ...

  1. SpinBox question

    I'm trying to get at the Text/TextField portion XmSpinBox in order to
    explicitly specify project required foreground/background/fontlist values.

    Although the spinbox has a resource for foreground and background, it
    does not propagate it to the textfield child.

    Is there anyway to get the Widget pointer for the TextField child?

    I checked the FAQ and the Motif source code, but there is nothing
    indicating a way to do this.

    Thanks,
    Victor McCoy
    vmccoy -at- knology -dot- net

  2. Re: SpinBox question

    me wrote:

    > I'm trying to get at the Text/TextField portion XmSpinBox in order to
    > explicitly specify project required foreground/background/fontlist values.
    >
    > Although the spinbox has a resource for foreground and background, it
    > does not propagate it to the textfield child.
    >
    > Is there anyway to get the Widget pointer for the TextField child?
    >
    > I checked the FAQ and the Motif source code, but there is nothing
    > indicating a way to do this.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Victor McCoy
    > vmccoy -at- knology -dot- net

    If it is an XmSimpleSpinBox, there is an XmNtextField resource you can
    get via GetValues.
    If it is an XmSpinBox, you should know it - it is the child you created
    with the SpinBox as the parent. If that is not available to you in the
    function you are in, try:
    #include
    XmSpinBoxWidget spw = (XmSpinBoxWidget)w; /* w is the spin box */
    Widget textw = spw->spinBox.textw;

    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow