Hi all,
when porting a Motif app build with TeleUSE, from IRIX to Linux RedHat
7.3 we experience some problems. In order for making the port work,
TeleUSE prescribes downgrading the Motif-library, OpenMotif v2.2.2, on
the systems used to an older version, OpenMotif v2.1.30, which is
delivered with the TeleUSE install (version 3.2.3). Fair enough. An
arbitrary selection of demos from the examples directory delivered
with the install work fine.

Building our application is working fine too, but when running it we
get a lot of messages: here's an excerpt of the output:

Warning: No type converter registered for 'String' to 'Callback'
conversion.
Could not convert 'D:ConditionOverwrite' to type 'Callback'
Warning: No type converter registered for 'String' to 'Callback'
conversion.
Could not convert 'D:ConditionCancel' to type 'Callback'
Could not convert 'D:ConditionCancel' to type 'Callback'
Warning: No type converter registered for 'String' to 'Callback'
conversion.
Could not convert 'DeleteYes' to type 'Callback'
Warning: No type converter registered for 'String' to 'Callback'
conversion.
Could not convert 'D:refresh' to type 'Callback'

Basically, every action (callback-method) defined in the Dialog (.d)
file results in one of the warning messages. The actions are attached
to the gui-components in a corresponding .pcd file, where the callback
is specified as a string (as in "D:").

The application starts up generating these messages, keeps running, it
just doesn't function, because all the callbacks don't work.

My thinking is we have a flaky Linux install problem ... but what to
look for? Does anyone have an idea or suggestion?

thx,
Harry