Layered widget question (dtbuilder) - Motif

This is a discussion on Layered widget question (dtbuilder) - Motif ; Hello All, I usually have several terminal windows open in CDE and thought it would be handy to simply have one window with several "terminal" widgets (dtbuilder) layered on top of each other. What is needed, is a mechanism to ...

  1. Layered widget question (dtbuilder)

    Hello All,
    I usually have several terminal windows open in CDE and thought it
    would be handy to simply have one window with several "terminal"
    widgets (dtbuilder) layered on top of each other. What is needed, is
    a mechanism to bring the individual terminal pane widget to the top of
    the stack when a menu item is selected. Does anyone have any ideas
    what could do this? I am not having much luck with XtSetInputFocus
    (yet).

    thanks,
    bl8n8r

  2. Re: Layered widget question (dtbuilder)

    bl8n8r@yahoo.com (bad_knee) wrote in message news:...

    > I usually have several terminal windows open in CDE and thought it
    > would be handy to simply have one window with several "terminal"
    > widgets (dtbuilder) layered on top of each other. What is needed, is
    > a mechanism to bring the individual terminal pane widget to the top of
    > the stack when a menu item is selected. Does anyone have any ideas
    > what could do this? I am not having much luck with XtSetInputFocus
    > (yet).

    You may put each terminal widget inside a XmNotebook tab.

    --- Casantos

  3. Re: Layered widget question (dtbuilder)

    nojunk@gate.cpmet.ufpel.tche.br (Carlos A M dos Santos) wrote in message news:<94bfb09f.0405120403.8db3153@posting.google.com>...
    > bl8n8r@yahoo.com (bad_knee) wrote in message news:...

    > You may put each terminal widget inside a XmNotebook tab.
    >
    > --- Casantos

    Do you know what function call should be used then to bring the
    desired widget to the top and focus it? Do you mean to use
    XtSetInputFocus on the XmNotebook widget?

  4. Re: Layered widget question (dtbuilder)

    bl8n8r@yahoo.com (bad_knee) wrote in message news:...
    > nojunk@gate.cpmet.ufpel.tche.br (Carlos A M dos Santos) wrote in message news:<94bfb09f.0405120403.8db3153@posting.google.com>...
    > > bl8n8r@yahoo.com (bad_knee) wrote in message news:...

    > > You may put each terminal widget inside a XmNotebook tab.
    > >
    > > --- Casantos

    > Do you know what function call should be used then to bring the
    > desired widget to the top and focus it? Do you mean to use
    > XtSetInputFocus on the XmNotebook widget?

    No, I mean put your terminal widget in a tab and using XtCallCallbacks
    on XmNpageChangedCallback. Read the XmNotebook manual page, section
    DESCRIPTION, subsection "Tab Scrollers".

    --- Casantos

+ Reply to Thread