key event, actions and motif bindings - Motif

This is a discussion on key event, actions and motif bindings - Motif ; Hello I m experiencing difficulties to understand the behavior of an application I m working on. Bunch of key events are handled through an Xt event handler. I was working on migrating this code to actions so that the user ...

  1. key event, actions and motif bindings

    Hello

    I m experiencing difficulties to understand the behavior of an
    application I m working on.

    Bunch of key events are handled through an Xt event handler.
    I was working on migrating this code to actions so that the user could
    define his own key et mouse combinaisons.

    Any ways there is something I don't understand and that some one could
    have experienced before.

    Num Lock seems to filter out modifiers.
    For instance any Ctlr is not handled when Num Lock is active.
    This behavior is OS dependent.
    Works fine on sun but not on linux Red hat.
    Any thoughts ?

  2. Re: key event, actions and motif bindings

    Pascal wrote:

    |Num Lock seems to filter out modifiers.
    |For instance any Ctlr is not handled when Num Lock is active.
    |This behavior is OS dependent.
    |Works fine on sun but not on linux Red hat.
    |Any thoughts ?

    NumLock is often treated as a modifier. That can prevent a key
    event from matching a strict translation. For example, this will
    not be matched if NumLock has turned on modifier mod2-

    !Ctrla: myaction()

    The '!' character specifies that there should be no modifier but
    control. You could match events with and without NumLock using

    ~Shift Ctrla: myaction()

    --
    Mike Stroyan, mike.stroyan@hp.com

+ Reply to Thread