Settig Twobyte characters onto a Textfield - Motif

This is a discussion on Settig Twobyte characters onto a Textfield - Motif ; Thanks for your interest in this inquiry. At present, I am trying to display twobyte characters onto a textfield widget but got some trouble in doing so. According to a motif manual, I used a rendition to make the textfield ...

  1. Settig Twobyte characters onto a Textfield

    Thanks for your interest in this inquiry.

    At present, I am trying to display twobyte characters onto a textfield widget but got some trouble in doing so. According to a motif manual, I used a rendition to make the textfield use a FONTSET which included both English and Twobyte characters and then used "XmTextFieldSetString" to display some character strings. The odd thing is that a button or label widget has no problem in displaying the twobyte characters.

    I would be greatly appreciate it if anyone who knows how to display twobyte characters on the textfield widget helps me.

    Thank you very much.

    Brad.

    -------------- 인터넷 카리스마 KORNET -------------

  2. Re: Settig Twobyte characters onto a Textfield

    Brad Choi wrote:

    > Thanks for your interest in this inquiry.
    >
    > At present, I am trying to display twobyte characters onto a textfield widget but got some trouble in doing so. According to a motif manual, I used a rendition to make the textfield use a FONTSET which included both English and Twobyte characters and then used "XmTextFieldSetString" to display some character strings. The odd thing is that a button or label widget has no problem in displaying the twobyte characters.
    >
    > I would be greatly appreciate it if anyone who knows how to display twobyte characters on the textfield widget helps me.
    >
    > Thank you very much.
    >
    > Brad.

    Buttons and Labels use XmStrings to specify the text content, while the
    XmText and XmTextField do not. Try specifying the text as a (wchar_t *)
    type, and setting that as the value of the XmNvalueWcs resource.
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

+ Reply to Thread