Alpha Blending on X11 - Motif

This is a discussion on Alpha Blending on X11 - Motif ; Hello, I am looking for a documentation regarding the alpha-blending capability on X11/Motif platform. Do I need a specific extension ? Or do they exist on Xfree86 basi platform ? Thank you GS...

  1. Alpha Blending on X11

    Hello,

    I am looking for a documentation regarding the alpha-blending capability on
    X11/Motif platform.
    Do I need a specific extension ? Or do they exist on Xfree86 basi platform ?

    Thank you

    GS

  2. Re: Alpha Blending on X11

    "GS" writes in comp.windows.x.motif:
    |I am looking for a documentation regarding the alpha-blending capability on
    |X11/Motif platform.
    |Do I need a specific extension ? Or do they exist on Xfree86 basi platform ?

    On XFree86 and several other Xservers (but not all), alpha-blending is
    provided by the Render extension. Unfortunately, documentation for it
    is slim, but some can be found in the XFree86 source and by googling.

    Alan Coopersmith alanc@alum.calberkeley.org
    http://www.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU/~alanc/ aka: Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM