Mutli-list Motif Lists - Motif

This is a discussion on Mutli-list Motif Lists - Motif ; Hi All, I wish to develop program for displaying data in a Motif list. This list is a kin to that of a email program. Each entry in the scrollable list can have different text formatting. me@x.y Subject Date Attachment. ...

  1. Mutli-list Motif Lists

    Hi All,

    I wish to develop program for displaying data in a Motif list. This
    list is a kin to that of a
    email program. Each entry in the scrollable list can have different
    text formatting.

    me@x.y Subject Date
    Attachment.
    you@x.y Subject Date

    Is it possible to have a multi-font string in an item of a list widget
    with Motif 1.2?

    If not what is the best way to implement the interface so that I can
    have different fonts
    in a single entry (coloured, italic and bold etc).

    I assume that I would need to use multiple list widgets inside a
    geometry manager widget.

    Should I use a row-column or a form widget as a geometry manager and
    have four (for my example)
    list widgets inside the row or form widget as a geometry manager?
    Which is the best. My lists
    could get extremely large, so I speed will be important.

    In the multi list example I could have seperate widgets between the
    fields - a bonus
    compared to multi-fonts.

    Are there any examples of this on the internet I could review?

    Thanks

    Stuart

  2. Re: Mutli-list Motif Lists

    Stuart Norris wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I wish to develop program for displaying data in a Motif list. This
    > list is a kin to that of a
    > email program. Each entry in the scrollable list can have different
    > text formatting.
    >
    > me@x.y Subject Date
    > Attachment.
    > you@x.y Subject Date
    >
    > Is it possible to have a multi-font string in an item of a list widget
    > with Motif 1.2?

    Subjext date will not been a problem with motif 1.2
    (but with lesstif x.x). For strings wit different colors you need
    a 2.x version of Motif.

    A problem will be the formatting of you strings, you must insert
    blanks if you want to have a well formatted list.

    > If not what is the best way to implement the interface so that I can
    > have different fonts
    > in a single entry (coloured, italic and bold etc).
    >
    > I assume that I would need to use multiple list widgets inside a
    > geometry manager widget.
    >
    > Should I use a row-column or a form widget as a geometry manager and
    > have four (for my example)
    > list widgets inside the row or form widget as a geometry manager?
    > Which is the best. My lists
    > could get extremely large, so I speed will be important.

    This seem to be a good way. I would use normal label or text field
    in order to to the job.

    > In the multi list example I could have seperate widgets between the
    > fields - a bonus
    > compared to multi-fonts.
    >
    > Are there any examples of this on the internet I could review?

    Jean-Jacques

  3. Re: Mutli-list Motif Lists

    Jean-Jacques Sarton wrote in message

    > This seem to be a good way. I would use normal label or text field
    > in order to to the job.

    Could you elborate on this. Do you mean to NOT use a list widget, but
    make
    the list widget from the label and text widgets or do you mean to put
    the list widgets inside a label or text field widget?

    Thanks for your advice.

    Stuart

+ Reply to Thread