XtIsWidget Problem - Motif

This is a discussion on XtIsWidget Problem - Motif ; I have two XmPushbuttons that are created in UIL and used within my app. For one of them, XtIsWidget returns TRUE but for the other it returns FALSE. This difference is screwing me up and I am baffeled as to ...

  1. XtIsWidget Problem

    I have two XmPushbuttons that are created in UIL and used within my app. For
    one of them, XtIsWidget returns TRUE but for the other it returns FALSE.
    This difference is screwing me up and I am baffeled as to why they are not
    treated the same.

    Can anyone PLEASE provide some insight into this?

    TIA!

    --
    Jake Colman

    Principia Partners LLC Phone: (201) 209-2467
    Harborside Financial Center Fax: (201) 946-0320
    902 Plaza Two E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
    Jersey City, NJ 07311 www.principiapartners.com

  2. Re: XtIsWidget Problem

    Jake Colman wrote in
    > I have two XmPushbuttons that are created in UIL and used within my app.
    > For one of them, XtIsWidget returns TRUE but for the other it returns
    > FALSE. This difference is screwing me up and I am baffeled as to why
    > they are not treated the same.

    Are you absolutely sure they are both widgets? What do XtIsObject() and
    XtIsGadget() say?

    Ken Lee, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

  3. Re: XtIsWidget Problem

    KL> Jake Colman wrote in
    >> I have two XmPushbuttons that are created in UIL and used within my app.
    >> For one of them, XtIsWidget returns TRUE but for the other it returns
    >> FALSE. This difference is screwing me up and I am baffeled as to why
    >> they are not treated the same.

    KL> Are you absolutely sure they are both widgets? What do XtIsObject() and
    KL> XtIsGadget() say?

    XtIsObject() returns 1 for both widgets.

    XtIsGadget() is not defined in my version of Motif. We are using Motif 2.1
    under Solaris 7.

    --
    Jake Colman

    Principia Partners LLC Phone: (201) 209-2467
    Harborside Financial Center Fax: (201) 946-0320
    902 Plaza Two E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
    Jersey City, NJ 07311 www.principiapartners.com

  4. Re: XtIsWidget Problem

    Jake Colman wrote in
    > XtIsObject() returns 1 for both widgets.

    Sounds like you created a gadget, not a widget.

    Ken Lee, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

  5. Re: XtIsWidget Problem

    KL> Jake Colman wrote in

    >> XtIsObject() returns 1 for both widgets.

    KL> Sounds like you created a gadget, not a widget.

    Yup! I my UIL I forgot to specify the 'widget' keyword for the other
    button. Thanks!

    --
    Jake Colman

    Principia Partners LLC Phone: (201) 209-2467
    Harborside Financial Center Fax: (201) 946-0320
    902 Plaza Two E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
    Jersey City, NJ 07311 www.principiapartners.com

+ Reply to Thread