Scrolled window gets into infinite loop - Motif

This is a discussion on Scrolled window gets into infinite loop - Motif ; I have an application which used scrolled window in automatic mode. Layout of the window. ScrolledWindow | | RowColumn | | | | Frame Frame ... Max of 6 frames There are lot of buttons, labels, menus etc on each ...

  1. Scrolled window gets into infinite loop

    I have an application which used scrolled window in automatic mode.
    Layout of the window.

    ScrolledWindow

    RowColumn
    | |
    | |
    Frame Frame ... Max of 6 frames

    There are lot of buttons, labels, menus etc on each frame.

    When scroll up and down and click on buttons on scrolled window,
    application hangs.

    I obtained following information from debugger

    sort()
    sortTabGraph()
    SortNodeList()
    _XmNewTravGraph()
    _XmTraverse()
    _XMgrTraversal()
    XmProcessTraversal()
    Arm
    HandleActions
    HandleSimpleState
    _XmTranslateEvent
    XtDispatchEventToWidget

    This occurs in libxm.so.4

    Could anyone please help. Thanks in advance.

    -Vandana

  2. Re: Scrolled window gets into infinite loop

    Vandana wrote:

    > I have an application which used scrolled window in automatic mode.
    > Layout of the window.
    >
    > ScrolledWindow
    > |

    > RowColumn
    > | |
    > | |
    > Frame Frame ... Max of 6 frames
    >
    > There are lot of buttons, labels, menus etc on each frame.
    >
    > When scroll up and down and click on buttons on scrolled window,
    > application hangs.
    >
    > I obtained following information from debugger
    >
    > sort()
    > sortTabGraph()
    > SortNodeList()
    > _XmNewTravGraph()
    > _XmTraverse()
    > _XMgrTraversal()
    > XmProcessTraversal()
    > Arm
    > HandleActions
    > HandleSimpleState
    > _XmTranslateEvent
    > XtDispatchEventToWidget
    >
    > This occurs in libxm.so.4
    >
    > Could anyone please help. Thanks in advance.
    >
    > -Vandana

    Sounds like it is caused by something you do in your button callback.
    What does that function look like?
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt
    Boeing Associate Technical Fellow

  3. Re: Scrolled window gets into infinite loop

    Fred,

    Thanks for replying. Button callback
    just sets the sensitivity of another button to true.

    System hangs even when I click on any other part of panel.
    When I changed the size of the scrolled window,
    the problem goes away. I do not understand why the
    height of scrolled window has any effect. The problem
    comes back when more things are added in scrolled window.
    So, I am looking for root cause.

    Thanks,
    Vandana

    "Fred L. Kleinschmidt" wrote in message news:<3FA7C4A6.BA4AA55A@nospam_boeing.com>...
    > Vandana wrote:
    > >
    > > I have an application which used scrolled window in automatic mode.
    > > Layout of the window.
    > >
    > > ScrolledWindow
    > > |

    > > RowColumn
    > > | |
    > > | |
    > > Frame Frame ... Max of 6 frames
    > >
    > > There are lot of buttons, labels, menus etc on each frame.
    > >
    > > When scroll up and down and click on buttons on scrolled window,
    > > application hangs.
    > >
    > > I obtained following information from debugger
    > >
    > > sort()
    > > sortTabGraph()
    > > SortNodeList()
    > > _XmNewTravGraph()
    > > _XmTraverse()
    > > _XMgrTraversal()
    > > XmProcessTraversal()
    > > Arm
    > > HandleActions
    > > HandleSimpleState
    > > _XmTranslateEvent
    > > XtDispatchEventToWidget
    > >
    > > This occurs in libxm.so.4
    > >
    > > Could anyone please help. Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > -Vandana

    > Sounds like it is caused by something you do in your button callback.
    > What does that function look like?

+ Reply to Thread