XOpenDisplay - Motif

This is a discussion on XOpenDisplay - Motif ; Is there any way to control the time it takes for a call to XtOpenDisplay (or XOpenDisplay) to time out (e.g. when the X Server is not running on the target display.) ? It seems to be about 10 seconds ...

  1. XOpenDisplay

    Is there any way to control the time it takes for a call to XtOpenDisplay
    (or XOpenDisplay) to time out (e.g. when the X Server is not running on the
    target display.) ?

    It seems to be about 10 seconds on my system and I would like to reduce it.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: XOpenDisplay

    "Pete's News 2" wrote in message news:...

    > Is there any way to control the time it takes for a call to XtOpenDisplay
    > (or XOpenDisplay) to time out (e.g. when the X Server is not running on the
    > target display.) ?

    As far as I know, no. XtOpenDisplay uses XOpenDisplay that calls an internal
    routine _X11TransConnectDisplay. This one has a hardcoded number of attempts
    (five) and delay period between attempts (one second).

    --- Casantos

  3. Re: XOpenDisplay

    Thanks for that info Carlos.

    I've ended up replacing the call to XOpenDisplay with a socket connection
    attempt to the display host, port (6000 + display number). This fails after
    about 1 second if the X Server is not running, so that is quick enough for
    my purposes.

    Peter

  4. Re: XOpenDisplay

    "Pete Sutcliffe" wrote in message news:...
    > Thanks for that info Carlos.
    >
    > I've ended up replacing the call to XOpenDisplay with a socket connection
    > attempt to the display host, port (6000 + display number). This fails after
    > about 1 second if the X Server is not running, so that is quick enough for
    > my purposes.
    >
    > Peter

    Here you are! ****ing cunt! Posting to yourself are you? Just about
    weighs you up. Dirty , grubby little turd, who pulls his own plonker.
    Another ****ing lowlife , who confirms my suspicions that Usenet is
    riddled with nutters and perverts

+ Reply to Thread