Using advanced line styles (+++) - Motif

This is a discussion on Using advanced line styles (+++) - Motif ; I am looking for some help as to how to create more advanced lines styles. For example, I need a line style that looks like: +++++++ I didn't see anything in the motif documentation I have, nor did I see ...

  1. Using advanced line styles (+++)

    I am looking for some help as to how to create more advanced lines
    styles. For example, I need a line style that looks like:
    +++++++

    I didn't see anything in the motif documentation I have, nor did I see
    anything grepping through the headers.

    Are stipples the right way to go? If so, how do you setup colors (my
    line colors and background colors are user configurable).

    Thanks in advance
    Brian

  2. Re: Using advanced line styles (+++)

    brianp@occinc.com (Brian) wrote in message news:...

    > I am looking for some help as to how to create more advanced lines
    > styles. For example, I need a line style that looks like:
    > +++++++
    >
    > I didn't see anything in the motif documentation I have, nor did I see
    > anything grepping through the headers.

    Line drawing is not handled by Motif. You need to use Xlib calls and set
    the appropriate GC parameters. A "man XCreateGC" will give you information
    about the available settings.

    X provides only solid and dashed line styles. You will have to use multiple
    call to XDrawLine or XDrawSegments to generate the stile you want. YMMV.

    --- Casantos

+ Reply to Thread